About - Company Story
William Glenny founded the Wm. Glenny Company in 1851 in Cincinnati, Ohio. Glenny established exclusive distribution rights for European manufacturers of window glass, small mirrors and small special polished plate glass for all territories west of the Allegheny Mountains. The Wm. Glenny Company distributed glass throughout the region using custom built, horse drawn delivery wagons. Soon after this, in association with Captain John Ford, the Wm. Glenny Company began marketing the first plate glass manufactured in the United States. William Glenny established a reputation for business integrity, fair dealings with his customers and faithful performance of his obligations.
In 1885, under the leadership of Daniel Startsman, the company was incorporated in the State of Ohio and became The Wm. Glenny Glass Company. The company continued to prosper under the guiding principles of integrity, customer satisfaction and prompt delivery. The Startsman family continued to lead the company through most of the 20th century.
Purchased by Rufus Smith and his son Braxton Smith in 1989, the business philosophies set forth by William Glenny of integrity, innovation and customer service remain priorities to this day. With over 100 employees and operating two shifts, The Glenny Glass Company is now located in a 107,000 square foot, state of the art facility in Milford, Ohio, just outside of Cincinnati, Ohio. An adjacent 12,000 square foot building was added in 2012 and houses the Decorative Glass Division.
Glenny glass offers the widest selection of flat glass products in the Midwest. Match that with a full range of fabrication capabilities and we can satisfy almost any glass needs you can think of!
Call us, or better yet, stop by for a tour of our campus and our capabilities.