1st Shift Production
PRODUCTION WORKER 1ST SHIFT
$17.00 PER HOUR TO START
HOURS: 7:30AM-4PM (Occasional Mandatory Overtime Required up to 2 Hours Per Day)
(Potential for .50 cents per hour raise every 6 months based on performance)
POSSIBLE START WITHIN 6 DAYS OF APPLICATION AND INTERVIEW.
- Stack and sort glass on racks for the next step.
- Tracking and managing daily incompletes.
- Wear safety gear on the floor at all times (kevlar pullover, helmet, glasses, pants, etc.).
- Operate and troubleshoot machinery in your department.
- Keep area clean and organized.
- Must have ability to read tape measure, basic mathematic skills required.
- Lift up to 75 pounds occasionally to frequently
- Basic computer literacy.
- Ability to stay focused and on-task at all times.
- Health & Life Insurance
- Paid Holidays and Vacation
- 401K Matching
- Bonuses Based on Performance
- Cutting is the first step in our production process. All custom orders placed will be sent to our cutting tables score out the glass we need to fabricate.
- Hegla 1 & 2 tables score out the shape of the ordered glass for our operators to break out.
- Our operators break off excess glass and safely dispose of it, our newly cut glass is racked and loaded to be delivered to the next department.
- Tempering is the second step in our production, 85% of our glass is tempered and once cut must be sent through the oven to create tempered glass.
- Glass will be seamed, sanded, and our safety logo engraved on the glass before entering the oven.
- Once the raw glass has been temepered in the oven our operators at the outfeed will unload and label all freshly tempered glass. Then prepare it to be delivered to the next department.
INSULATED GLASS LINES
- Our last stop for production of Insulated Glass Windows, on our IG lines you will work as a team to feed tempered glass through our press.
- Operators will bend frames, extrude frames, operate the press that creates the glass unit, and seal the finished glass.
- Load and offload newly sealed IG units to designated areas to be prepped for the next department.
- In our fabrication department glass is received from cutting and "fabricated" to customer specifications.
- Fabrication processes include polishing, beveling, hole-drilling, cutouts, and more.
- Operators will work multiple machines to "fabricate" the glass. Once fabricated, the glass will be moved on to the next appropriate step in the production process
- If you are mechanically minded this could be a great place for you to grow and learn about the glass industry.
*Applicant must be able to pass background and drug test*