The Glenny Glass Company is seeking Class A and B CDL drivers to deliver and unload our glass products. Offering $20.00 per hour to start for licensed drivers. Also offering $17.00 per hour for the right candidate to enter into our fully paid Class B CDL Training program. Positions are full time Mon-Fri with some overtime when required. Benefits include; Life, health & disability insurance, paid vacation & holidays and 401K matching. This is a career position with a stable company.
Our drivers are home daily with our routes as we provide support to local customers.
Must have CDL B with Manual privileges or CDL A with Manual privileges.
- Transport glass to customers from our warehouse site in Milford
- Inspect vehicles for mechanical items and safety issues and perform preventative maintenance
- Meet delivery schedules
- Document and log work/rest periods and miles spent driving and retain fuel/toll receipts
- Comply with truck driving rules and regulations (size, weight, route designations, parking and break periods) as well as with company policies and procedures
- Maneuver trucks into loading or unloading positions
- Collect and verify delivery instructions
- Report defects, accidents or violations
- Ability to lift glass up to 75 lbs
- Proven work experience as a truck driver
- Hands on experience with electronic equipment and software (GPS, AVL units, CB etc.)
- Extensive knowledge of applicable truck driving rules and regulations
- No recent moving or driving violations
- Adaptability and foresight to handle unexpected situations (traffic, weather conditions etc.)
- Valid truck driving license
- Health & life insurance
- Paid holidays and vacation
- 401K Matching
- Bonuses based on performance